Formation programs and resources
Spiritual Nourishment - Experiential Learning - Professional Development - Holistic Formation
Our formation programs provide ongoing support and development to those who are working in parishes and diocesan agencies, health, aged care, education and social services of the Australian Catholic Church.
We partner with local and national church organisations, so that all women and men, including those working in leadership within our church structures, are empowered to give joy- filled witness to Christ’s mission and the Kingdom of God.
Through our formation and educational programs, participants are invited to reflect upon their own organisational systems and structures and how they embody the ‘Joy of the Gospel’.
In this way our programs examine the impact on people’s beliefs, values, behaviours, personal and professional day-to-day decisions and actions, and reflect a continuing journey towards being Jesus in the world today for all whom they encounter.
Catholic Mission Formation Services transforms hearts and minds to live the ‘Joy of the Gospel’ and lead mission. Our Formation Services facilitate opportunities for staff to encounter God in the world through an immersive, interactive pedagogy of dialogue, encounter and experience which engages the whole person.
- Catholic Social Teaching, Human Rights and the Gospel applied to the context of your sector, organisation or place of work.
- Evangeli Gaudium, Laudato Si, Amoris Laetitia or Gaudate et Excultate explored, broken open and learning applied.Cross team approach, strategies and implications, to mission in our everyday.
- Cross team approach, strategies and implications, to mission in our everyday.
Theological formation for mission
- Living and leading your mission in the image of Christ, with inspiration from Pope Francis;
- Missionary discipleship and Catholic identity and character;
- Parish life, leadership and pastoral programs for mission;
- Servant leadership and leadership as influence.
Spiritual nourishment and guided retreats
- We offer pre-developed retreats or we are able to create a program in partnership which caters to your specific needs
Mission formation workshops and facilitation
- We can work with a range of groups including principals; RECs/APREs; social justice, outreach program and liturgy coordinators; whole staff groups; young and inexperienced teachers; executive leadership teams for health, education and social services; mission directors; pastoral care teams; boards and trustees; operational and service staff; middle to senior management teams.
Catholic Mission offers the following experiential workshops that enable students and teachers to learn more about issues of mission and justice.
- Know Me – Kindergarten to Year 4
A number of objects are concealed in a ‘feely bag’. Each object represents an issue that significantly affects the lives of children in the Majority World. Participants are selected to reach into the bag and identify an object. All participants then role-play an action based on that object. The facilitator shares a story, supported by images, of a Catholic Mission project that meets the needs of children regarding the issue. The facilitator assists participants to understand that they can support the work of mission by retelling the stories to others, and through prayer and fundraising for Catholic Mission.
- The Haves and the Have Nots – Year 5 to Year 12
Team building, consultation, culture and change management for organisational mission
- We partner with local and national church organisations, so that all women and men, including those working in leadership within our church structures, are empowered to give joy-filled witness to Christ’s mission and the Kingdom of God.
- Through our formation and educational programs, participants are invited to reflect upon their own organisational systems and structures and how they embody the ‘Joy of the Gospel’: impacting on people’s beliefs, values, behaviours, personal and professional day-to-day decisions and actions AND reflecting a continuing journey towards being Jesus in the world today for all whom they encounter.
- Leadership and governance for mission
- Leadership for mission and Catholic culture
- Living and leading your mission in the image of Christ, with inspiration from Pope Francis
- Missionary discipleship and Catholic character
- Parish life, leadership and pastoral programs for mission
- Servant leadership and leadership as influence
- Pope Francis; his leadership, teachings, witness and vision for Church; mission and being with the poor
- International mission, development and aid; cross-cultural mission and communication
- Human rights, Catholic Social Teaching and the Gospel
- Mission theology and liberation theology
- Mission and Scripture • Indigenous spirituality and theology • Inter-culturality
Who are our partners...
|Catholic Education||Catholic Agencies and Local Parishes||Catholic Health Care||Catholic Social Services|
|principals APs/RECs/APREs KLA heads and teams whole staff groups liturgy, justice, outreach program co-ordinators||parish pastoral councils pastoral associates family educators clergy and deacons religious orders congregational leadership teams||whole staff groups young and beginning or early career executive leadership teams mission directors pastoral care teams||boards and trustees operational and service staff middle to senior management teams service delivery co-ordinators volunteer teams|
Amazing – so touched my heart in a very deep way – thank you.
Catholic Health Australia 2016
I have found that the day has re- emphasised the core message of Christ as reflected in the lives of Pope Francis and the pastoral care managers and workers in mission.
Catholic Health Australia 2016
I have been challenged and encouraged to trust in myself and God.
Catholic Health Australia 2016
We left that day renewed and uplifted. It was as if nourishing seeds had been planted in our hearts, revitalising our hope and reimagining our love in the work of aged care and health. I thoroughly recommend the formation day. You will be pleasantly surprised by both the process and the content as a means to come aside and rediscover the jewel of the Gospel.
Dominic Arcamone Mission and Pastoral Services Manager, Catholic Healthcare
The wisdom, insight
and leadership of Catholic
Mission Formation Services has been central to the ongoing success and fulfilment of a strategic goal of Catholic Education Wollongong: ‘to increase the capacity of staff to dynamically
and authentically embrace a call
to Mission as a core expression of identity’
Working in partnership with the Catholic Mission Formation team has been a professional and personal delight.
Ken Bryant Head of Service: Catholic Life, Education and Ministry Team, Catholic Education, Diocese of Wollongong
Wagga Wagga Catholic Schools are seeking new ways to grow staff knowledge and understanding of Pope Francis’ call to missionary discipleship. Catholic Mission Formation Services have partnered with the Catholic Schools Office and school leadership teams as
we have discerned our staff needs and assisted us in designing quality professional learning activities
to meet our people “where they are”. We are looking forward to
a long and fruitful association
with Catholic Mission Formation Services.
Christopher Cotter Assistant Director: Catholic Life & Mission, CSO Wagga Wagga
The Catholic Schools Office
have engaged Catholic Mission Formation Services to support
us in preparing staff to work with secondary students in the diocesan social justice camp. This enabled
a greater depth of understanding
of the social justice concepts in
a variety of contexts and a clarity around the fact that this work is part of mission for us as Catholic educators. This modelling will continue into the camp with plenaries and workshops being offered by staff of Catholic Mission.
Jane Plum School Service Officer: RE & Mission, CSO Wagga Wagga
Thank you Catholic Mission for your unique and engaging approach. Our Port Lincoln experience provided opportunity for all present to deepen and explore our Catholic tradition in light of the ‘Francis Effect’. Your comprehensive and systematic presentation was valued by all gathered at our Diocesan Leaders Conference - accessible, extremely relevant and lots of fun.
Brenda Keenan Director of Catholic Education Diocese of Port Pirie, South Australia
How can you contact the catholic mission Formation Services team?
Mission Formation Educator
Tel: 02 9919 7829 Fax: 02 8904 0185 Mob: 0438 180 800